Moving from U.S. | International Relocation | HSBC
Moving from the United States
Your big move can be easier with HSBC
If you're planning or considering a move outside of the U.S., or have a home abroad, your HSBC relationship can help you save time and effort. For HSBC Premier clients, many of these services are complimentary. We can help you to move your finances to over 60 countries and territories worldwide. Our International Banking Center can provide you with global financial relocation services1 including:
- An international needs review. We can examine your banking needs while you are living abroad, and help you plan, so you can be prepared in advance.
- Overseas account opening. We can assist you in opening your bank accounts before you leave the U.S., subject to local terms and conditions.1
- Checkbooks, bank cards, credit cards and PINs. If you give us enough notice we can have these materials sent to you before you change countries.
- HSBC credit cards. Your new cards can have similar limits to those you currently hold with HSBC (subject to status, credit approval, local laws and terms and conditions).
- HSBC Credit history transfer. You can experience a seamless transfer of your HSBC credit history to other HSBC offices in countries that the HSBC Group currently does business in.
Experience ongoing support
After you settle in to your new home, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Global View. HSBC Premier and Advance clients can monitor their eligible HSBC deposit accounts online with a single login2
- Global Transfers. HSBC Premier and Advance clients can transfer funds from their eligible U.S. HSBC deposit accounts to their eligible international HSBC deposit accounts with no transfer fees via Personal Internet Banking2
- Round-the-clock access. All HSBC clients can take advantage of 24-hour Personal Internet Banking
Visit our FAQs page to learn more.
1 International account opening is not available in all countries. Non-Premier customers requesting to open an international banking account outside the U.S. and requiring assistance in the completion of all necessary paperwork from the International Banking Center in the U.S. or an HSBC branch in the U.S. will be charged a one-time fee of $200 USD. This fee is waived for HSBC Premier and Corporate Partner clients. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Advance customers receive a 50% discount on this fee.
2 Global View and Global Transfers are only available for HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance clients and are not available in all countries. Foreign currency exchange rates and local country limitations may apply. Transfers from HSBC accounts from outside the U.S. may be subject to transfer fees. Personal Internet is required to access Global View and Global Transfers. Access to U.S. Personal Internet Banking through Global View from outside the U.S. may be limited.
To qualify for HSBC Premier, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
To qualify for an HSBC Advance relationship, you need to open an HSBC Advance checking account and maintain combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances of at least $10,000 OR at least $5,000 with a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per monthly cycle. Business owners may use their HSBC commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Advance relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $25 will be incurred if minimum balance or minimum balance with direct deposit requirement is not met.
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Mortgage and Home Equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are only available for properties located in the U.S. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at anytime and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We're here to help. For service in any other languages, call us today toll-free at 800.975.4722. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call us collect at 716.841.7212.
We're happy you have come back to complete your Online HSBC account application.
If you've started to fill out an online application for a deposit account and saved it, simply click the Retrieve an existing application link and be prepared to provide the following information:
First Name and Last Name
Social Security Number
Date of Birth
Your application will be made available for completion.
If you did not save your online application, you'll need to reapply for the product you are interested in. Simply return to the product page on the Public website that you were interested in and click the apply now button.
Thank you for your interest in HSBC. We look forward to helping you reach your financial goals.